• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am on a MBP, OS X Yosemite, 10.10.5, using Firefox (44.0.2) and a few days ago I could not use Flash.

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a MBP, OS X Yosemite, 10.10.5, using Firefox (44.0.2) and a few days ago I could not use Flash. So I tried to update it.  When I did, the installation got up to 90% and failed. 

I've since done a complete removal (as per Adobe instructions) and tried to reinstall but every time the install gets to 90%, it fails.  I am at my wits end.  Nothing I've tried works - HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll need to get a couple of log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and provide the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log and install.log files.  Please review the FAQ first and configure your system to obtain both log files from the same installation attempt.

After you have obtained the log files, upload them to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or some other file sharing service of your choice that does not require log-in to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I followed the directions in the video and and tried to get both logs.  But when I did the first part to get the install.log files, the system did not write anything.  So I only have the FlashPlayerInstalManager.log (Shared Files - Acrobat.com )

Also - all the updates necessary for my MBP were done prior to all of this happening.

Please advise on what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FlashInstallManager.log file doesn't have anything logged from a manual installation attempt.  If you're using the online installer, it must be failing before getting the the Flash Player installer itself.  Please do the following:

1. Launch the installer again and when it fails take a screenshot of the error prior to closing the window and post the screenshot in your reply (see https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933‌)
  2. Upload the Adobe_ADM.log file saved at ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs directory (this is the users Library directory, not the system /Library directory) to cloud.acrobat.com using the same instructions as before.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Here are the files. Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I took screen shots along the way.  During the failed install, there is a point (when it reaches 66%), that another instance of the Adobe install program runs (opens by itself) and I captured that in the screen shot too.

Plus I took screen shots of the two places in the Library where you sent me.  I copied and pasted into a text file what I saw.

Awaiting your reply.

-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for posting the screenshots.  Based on the failure point and the error in the Adobe_ADM.log file the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files should contain some information.  Can you please upload the entire contents of the /var/log/install.log and /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file and post the link to the uploaded files?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here are the files:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Please advise.

-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the log files.  I don't see any Flash Player entry in the /var/log/install.log file since Dec 28, 2015 which indicates the failure is somewhere in the online installer itself, and not Flash Player.  The online installer is a shim installer which downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.

Can you please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section?  Please do the follwoing:

1. Download the uninstaller posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Mac OS
  2. Download the offline installer posted at Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac
  3. Close all browsers
  4. Run the uninstaller
  5. Reboot the system
    1. When rebooting be sure to the 'Reopen windows when logging back in' check-box is NOT selected
  6. Run the installer downloaded in step 2

Hopefully installation will be successful at this point.  If it fails, please provide a screenshot of the installer dialog window with the error message and provide new /var/log/install.log and /Users/YourUserID/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried as you advised (I did it before I contacted Adobe, to be honest, so this is the second go 'round doing this) and it still failed.

Here are the logs and screen shots you requested:

(screen shot)

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/eb43510a-5bc9-4d90-b92c-b568f779dc5e

(logs)

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Please advise.

-S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.  I would actually like to have a screen-sharing session with you.  The install log files you're providing don't contain current install information, and based on how far along the installer is getting, they should contain some information.  Please let me know if your amenable to a screen-sharing session and if so, what your availability is.  I am on the west coast, in PST time zone.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines