4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 2:29 PM by resdesign

how to i fill shapes in animate?

topeira

hi guys.

im really new here so i may be asking a silly question.

in flash i could draw a shape with a pencil or brush and use the pain bucket to fill it in color, but i cant do that in animate unless the shape was made with one smooth stroke.

how can i fill a shape that was made using many strokes using the pencil, paint brush or brush tools?

• 1. Re: how to i fill shapes in animate?
          topeira Level 1

i will elaborate -

if i open a new document than i can paint as i am used to in flash, but maybe there is something that i click unintentionally that disallows me to fill with the bucket shapes i create with more than one path (line) but i dont know what i clicked or how to go back to the way of coloring with the bucket inside complex shapes made of multiple lines and brush strokes....

• 2. Re: how to i fill shapes in animate?
            resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select your shape fist then choose color for background.

fill.png

• 3. Re: how to i fill shapes in animate?
              topeira Level 1

resdesign - i've been working with flash for nearly 15 years.

i thought about trying this already kinda obvious.

anyways, i managed to kinda figure it out but im still not sure if i understand it all.

my issue with with an option called "object drawing". if it's turned on it does something like make every line become a separate object that doesnt interact with other objects so i cant color more than one object.

so as long as i remember to turn Object drawing OFF i am fine and things work like im used to, but if i dont notice and i accidently turn object drawing ON and do a few lines i am stuck with what appears to be a lineart i can color, but i cant because the different lines dont interact.

so, does anyone know how i can take multiple lines that are separate objects and "glue" them togther so they function as one object and get colored?

• 4. Re: how to i fill shapes in animate?
                resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can group these objects and color them separately. Then you can use your group to animate all your objects the group contains and you can of course color any object that is part of that group whatever color you want.