3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 1:16 PM by JimHess

Question DNG Converter 9.4

lloydl4401236 Level 1

I downloaded DNG Converter 9.4, and when I attempt to open my folder with my RAW Images from my Nikon D3300, I get an error message that there are no supported Raw Camera Files?

• 1. Re: Question DNG Converter 9.4
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The DNG converter works at the FOLDER level. When choosing the location in the DNG converter, just choose the folder containing your NEF files. Then the DNG converter will convert all of the files within that folder. If you opened the folder that contains the NEF files you will get that message. If you only want to convert a single file, you can drag/drop that file onto the DNG converter icon, and it will convert just that image.

• 2. Re: Question DNG Converter 9.4
            lloydl4401236 Level 1

Jim, thanks for your assistance, but when I drop the file on the Icon, and the DNG Converter software opens up, I attempt to convert my files I get the same message.  There are no supported Raw Camera Files.  I transferred these files using the Nikon Software transfer.

• 3. Re: Question DNG Converter 9.4
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Nikon Transfer could be the culprit. It has been known to corrupt NEF files so that they cannot be used in Adobe software. You might try just converting directly from the card. There really is no benefit to using Nikon Transfer anyway. Here is a utility you can use to fix images that you have downloaded previously with the Nikon software:

Fix Corrupted Nikon NEF Images