5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 8:59 AM by Szalam

Preview in AFX - shortcuts for previewing missing on my laptop

jakubstejskal

Hey folks,

I have a question about the new preview behaviour - specifically regarding the shortcuts for previewing.

First I was very irritated that my spacear did not work anymore as a preview button. Instead it was and is still switching to the hand tool. I found only two shortcuts for preview modes on my MBP: Numpad period (.) and Option + Numpad period (.)

But then I had the chance to work on a iMac and wow, there the spacebar was available as a preview shortcut - incl. all the other modes, not only two like on my laptop.

So... on my german keyboard on my MBP I can only use one shortcut. Only this one works: Option + Numpad period (.)

The other is not accessible, because I do not have a NumPad on my laptop. Only with the use of a keyboard with a numpad the second works.

But the other options like triggering play / stop with the spacebar, are not available. What the ****?!

Screenshot 2016-02-23 21.41.23.png

After a little research, I found this statement: "These shortcuts are not configurable nor affected by the new Preview panel controls."

And I did not find a tutorial or topic or questions covering something similar.

Dear Adobe, I want my spacebar back for playback on my laptop!

Am I missing something (very simple)?

Why do I see only two preview modes on my laptop? Where are the others?

And why can't I change the shortcuts? (that would be an awesome addition for the next version - why do we still have to use the old script KeyEd?!)

Thanks in advance

Jakub