Could you please share your workflow steps?
Share screenshot of the image in Library and Develop module separately.
1) I open several images into Photoshop. I save out those images to a PSD file format.
2) I then go into Lightroom and import in the folder that contains the PSD's that I just saved from Photoshop.
3) I make some tweaks inside of lightroom (contrast, Hue/Sat, etc) to those PSD's I just imported.
4) I then go back into Photoshop and edit one of those PSD and save the file.
5) I check back in Lightroom and I see the changes I made to the PSD when I am in the "Library" tab, but when I switch over to the "Develop" Tab, it has the image of the file that I first imported in (as if the image cache wont update).
*I scribbled a red line to make it a bit obvious.
Thanks for sharing the workflow steps.
Develop module is unable to show the updated preview.
Would suggest you to recreate the previews and then, check.
Follow the below steps :
- Quit Lightroom
- Go to the location where your catalog is stored
- Rename Previews.lrdata to Previews-old.lrdata
- Launch Lightroom and then, check.
This has also been a persistent problem for me ever since LR6. Earlier versions used to track PS .tif updates quite consistently, but now it's hit or miss and the develop module in particular will quickly lose track of any changes. Forcing a 1:1 preview in Library doesn't help either since Develop won't use that preview anyway. Renaming the previews.lrdata only works once, but it doesn't fix the fundamental problem because the issue just comes back again. The only way to force Lightroom to check the image for updates is to quit the program and reopen it.
Recreating previews should have fixed this issue.
Would suggest you to create a new catalog and test with that if it works well or it is the same.