• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you install Adobe Flash Player successfully on a MacBook running Snow Leopard OS X 10.6?

Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having troubles, as the title suggests, installing adobe flash player onto my OS X 10.6. Here are the steps I'm following, along with the results I get back:

I go to the link below,

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

and under Step 1, I select:

MAC OS X 10.6 - 10.11

...under Step 2, I select:

FP 20 MAC for Safari and Firefox - NPAPI

After ensuring that all old Adobe Flash programs are cleared from my computer (I even double checked using Adobe's website to make sure there was no Adobe Flash Player installed on my computer), I clicked (on the aforementioned link "Download Now".

A file called "install_flash_player_osx.dmg" pops up in my "downloads" folder on my computer. Great so far!

I open said file and this pops up:

I do what you would think I would do, and I double click the folder. Then, my Mac freaks out and asks me if this folder is to be trusted...

I say "yes, it is to be trusted" by clicking Open. Then Adobe freaks out and asks me if I'm going to sue it:

I say "No, Adobe, I don't have money to sue you" and I check the box. Then I click Install. My computer freaks out and asks again if Adobe is to be trusted...ugh

I repeat myself, and give the computer permission to proceed. Lastly, everything seems dandy, and I get this screen telling me everything was a success:

I click DONE and the box goes away. I restart my browser in excitement, open up YouTube to see if it works.... And.... The first video I click on will not successfully load giving me a black screen.

If I go to the URL listed below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

it tells me this:

Why wasn't this Flash Player installation successful? What do I have to do to get this installed on my computer? I hope that my answer is as thorough and to the point as my question was, because this issue has caused me to revert through two operating systems, costed me multiple days of frustration, and $20. If Adobe wants my love, you're going to have to work for it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please go to below link and click on check now button:

Flash Player Help

Check if it is installed.

Also Right click on youtube video and check if it shows Adobe flash player version, as it may be possible the video doesn't play using flash player.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I go to the link you mentioned, my computer tells me that flash player is installed (conflicting information from the following link - Uninstall Flash Player for Mac OS).

Although it's great to hear Adobe say that I have a flash player installed on the link you added Kratika, Adobe Flash is still not working on youtube videos that use flash player. It seems that this is a common problem for other OS X 10.6 users, as I have seen similar issues on multiple forums. Helping me could potentially help you guys receive fewer questions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for a very detailed explanation of the issue. It was very helpful.  The last screenshot you posted, showing the System Information, indicates that Flash Player is indeed installed. If it weren't, the installed Flash Player version would not be listed.

I went to that YouTube video and it's not being delivered via Flash Player.  It is being delivered via HTML5:

Untitled.jpg

Do you have examples of other Flash content that is not displaying as expected? If so, please provide the link to the content.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines