2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2009 7:56 PM by hughbetcha

Recording into existing slide

hughbetcha Level 1
      Hello,
      New Captivate user here. Can't seem to figure this out...

I created a template (965 x 560) that contains about a 600 x 400 area placeholder for an animation. In my project I currently have several templated pages and I now want to record my simulations to go into these animation placeholders. So the problem is that from this project I can't set the recording size to 600 x 400. It defaults to my project slide size of 965 x 560 and, it will only record to new slides. I thought there must be a way to customize the recording size within my project and have the recording insert into my placeholder. But perhaps I can only import external .swf's that were recorded at the correct size into my project???

Hope that makes sense. Maybe I'm going about this backwards...

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Recording into existing slide
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Hugh

What you can try is to record new projects sized at 600x400 and publish those as SWF. Then insert the SWF into the slide and position over the desired area.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Recording into existing slide
            hughbetcha Level 1
            Yes that would work, but I have one project with 12 slides and each slide is an animation. Can Captivate publish a project once, with each slide its own .swf file? That would save me lots of time. Going forward, if I have a template with a placeholder for an animation, will I have to record one animation at a time, publish and insert into each template slide? I guess it's better to record one longer animation than a bunch of 2 or 3 second animations.