4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 6:26 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign CS6: In my Chapter's first line of text, the DropCap Character is correctly positioned, in the correct font, but exactly twice as big as defined. What am I doing wrong please?

BI6 EM

InDesign CS6

{Mac Version}

Dear Forum,

When I create a DropCap style for my first line of a chapter, I specify the use of a previously defined Character Style in an ornamental font and 24 points. {I've called it 'First' character style.}

In my Chapter's first line of text the Character is correctly positioned, in the correct font, but 48 points, exactly twice as big. It is listed in the toolbar at the top as 24 points, and as 'None' Character Style, instead of 'First' as defined. Yet if I impose the character style mid text on a letter, as a test, it is only 24 points. So the Character Style appears to be valid.

Why does the Drop Caps and Nested Styles Option obey spacing and font, but disobey the defined Character Style Size?

A Work-around of using half the intended size has been considered, but if the Style Options specify the Character Style this shouldn't be necessary.

OR

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance for any observations on this post.

Petraw14