2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 10:08 AM by mellen63

Overprint Preview not displaying gradient feather effect properly.

mellen63

Overprint Preview not displaying gradient feather effect properly.  Displays OK when Overprint is turned off, but gradients turn to solids when I turn it on.  Nudging the shape will get the gradient to reappear but then it will go away again.  I'm on 10.11.3  InDesign CC 15.2

• 1. Re: Overprint Preview not displaying gradient feather effect properly.
          Gaurki Level 1

It would be a good idea to share your computer's details (OS, graphics card, CPU, ram) and inDesign version.

I have the same issue, though it goes beyond just the gradient feather. On my computer it fails intermittently on any transparency effects (shadows, opacity, etc) and also doesn't load full resolution links on multiple pages, intermittently loses the anti-alias of text, and sometimes loses whole chunks of the page and just shows white boxes until zoom level is changed.

inDesign CC 2015.2

11.2.0.99 Build

Feature was working better in previous versions of inDesign / OSX. I often have to turn off Overprint Preview to get an "accurate" view of the document, which is extremely disappointing when designing for print.

iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011

OS X Yosemite. 10.10.5

3.4 GHz Intel i7

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

Posted this before in another thread. Also tried to start a discussion but there's no trace of it anywhere, so it must not have been posted.

I have access to 4 other computers and I will try to test on those since I suspect this is a CPU / GPU issue.

• 2. Re: Overprint Preview not displaying gradient feather effect properly.
            mellen63 Level 1

Thanks for your reply!  I am having ALLl of the other issues you describe as well (except for the chunks of page and white boxes). 

I’ve attached my Mac info (very different than yours), but I’m using the same InDesign version you are. 

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 9.55.57 AM.png