• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 9 using an elearning Asset

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help? I downloaded an interactive drag and drop from Assets. Elearning brothers has a video that shows how to do it. BUt not idea how insert/import a downloaded CPTX file INTO an existing captivate project in order to use it. I noticed someone else posted a similar question, but no one could answer it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

You do not insert one CPTX into another.  You can however copy slides from one CPTX into another, as long as they are the same height and width.  However, you should be aware that if you copy slides then objects on those slides will be given new Object Names (IDs) which can break some pre-built interactions.  I haven't used any of the E-learning Brothers interactions so I don't know if this would be the case with them.  You might be safer to start with the Elearning Brothers CPTX, and copy your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not insert one CPTX into another.  You can however copy slides from one CPTX into another, as long as they are the same height and width.  However, you should be aware that if you copy slides then objects on those slides will be given new Object Names (IDs) which can break some pre-built interactions.  I haven't used any of the E-learning Brothers interactions so I don't know if this would be the case with them.  You might be safer to start with the Elearning Brothers CPTX, and copy your other project slides into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution helped me as well.  I am using the assets from the brothers and was baffled on how to locate this.  Easy fix.  Thank you! @rodward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for bringing this to my attention (and thanks Rod for a great answer). I'll make sure that our videos are updated to ensure that this is clearly laid out. I agree that they don't do a great job of covering how to do this.

--Adam Cannon

eLearning Evangelist, eLearning Brothers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Captivate 9 and was on the webinar yesterday for assets.  I did not see an option for "My Assets".  I am a newer user so any ideas of what I did wrong would help. I inserted a picture. I looked around and am not seeing the My Assets option.Assets.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of 9 do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

I'm on version 9.  No updates that I can see.

Regards,

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 had already two updates, last one was to 9.0.2. That version has the access to the eLearning portal, not version 9.0.0 nor 9.0.1. Look at Help, about Adobe Captivate to see the exact version number. You'll find the option 'Update' there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 9.0.1.320 with no option to update and I'm logged in to Adobe.  The update area is grayed out.  Forgive me, newer user here.  What could be going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you administrator of your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning,

It is showing that I am with the exception of one field.  I am checking with our software install team to find out what is happening.  This would affect several people so this is a timely dialogue.

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  this has nothing to do with administration rights yet I was told "packaging" and our IT department will be updating it within 10 days.  Looks like the waiting game here!

Thank you for your assistance.

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a dated thread, but the problem persists in Captivate 2017.

RodWard's answer seems to be the case with the eLearning Brothers drag-and-drop interaction. If I copy the slide (or all slides) I want from eLearning Brothers, and paste it into an existing project, the interactivity breaks.

Sooooo, I can start with the eLearning Brothers drag-and-drop interaction, and then copy and paste my original project into it. But that means I can only use *one* eLearning Brothers interaction in an entire project. (Which to me means the eLearning Brothers interactions have very little practical value.)

Why is there no File > Import > Another Project? Merging two sets of project files should not be that hard. If we could insert the eLearning Brothers interaction project at a specified point in our own project slides, it would preserve the object IDs (and therefore the interactivity).

I guess I'll stick with the canned interactions in Captivate for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, it is due to the way those interactions are delivered, but that is my personal opinion. This would not be a problem if they were created as real learning interactions, instead of being just a cptx project. Moreover, if they used shared actions where possible, a lot of the problems would also be solved, since you would only have to replace the parameters. Of course, I am just a freelance consultant, but whenever I develop an interaction for a client I will user shared actions whenever possible and give them clear step-by-step instructions.

When you copy slides that have advanced actions, the work flow has slightly changed recently. I plan to blog about that change, where advanced actions that cannot be validated totally will change temporarily in sort of shared actions. By adding the parameters (which are the unknown referenced items) you can fix the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources