6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2016 5:29 AM by Steve Grisetti

Audio/Video Not in Sync

MysticKnight2017

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 14.  Every time i have inserted media and review it is not synced up.  The video is about 10 seconds faster than the audio.  I have not split the audio/video...it just comes in desynced.  I have tried several different videos and all of them have like this issue.  Please help!!!

• 1. Re: Audio/Video Not in Sync
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format is it?

How did you get the video from the camcorder to your computer?

What processor do you have and how much RAM? What operating system are you running?

If your video is not from a camcorder, we may need to dissect the file to see its media specs, which may be causing the problem.

• 2. Re: Audio/Video Not in Sync
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Most common issue is the footage is shot on a smartphone or is a screencapture.

Most of these devices use variable framerate

If so

convert to constant framerate with HandBrake  first before importing.

• 3. Re: Audio/Video Not in Sync
              MysticKnight2017 Level 1

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format is it?

N/A Video Capture on computer

How did you get the video from the camcorder to your computer?

What processor do you have and how much RAM? What operating system are you running?

Intel  i5 on win 10

If your video is not from a camcorder, we may need to dissect the file to see its media specs, which may be causing the problem.

Note: When i use windows movie maker there is no desync between video and audio.  This makes me sad because there are very limited options with windows movie maker and the options are the reason i purchased the Adobe product.

• 4. Re: Audio/Video Not in Sync

i5 processor isn't very specific. But I'm going to assume you're at least running a 3400 level quad core.

That said, we will need to dissect the video, since we don't know what software you used to screen capture your video or what codec it uses.

Open a sample of your video in Media Info and note the resolution, frame rate and audio and video codecs it lists.

Some screen capture software uses some pretty strange video codecs, and they can be challenging to a video editor -- particularly if they aren't standard resolutions and frame rates.

• 5. Re: Audio/Video Not in Sync
                  MysticKnight2017 Level 1

I have an i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, 64 bit win 10.

I use "Action" Video capture software.

Files are MP4 format

I do not see where the video codecs are listed.

• 6. Re: Audio/Video Not in Sync

That doesn't look like a Media Info report. It tells me anything about the audio and video codecs that the video using.

However, no doubt the non-standard 15 fps frame rate is also likely contributing to the out of sync issue.