2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 4:28 AM by Newsgroup_User

Macromedia Fireworks (Version 1)

gmjs
      Hello,

I suspect I'm just going to be laughed at here, but I thought I try anyway!

I've used Macromedia Fireworks v1 (yes - the very first version from May 1998!) for years and am very happy with it. However, since a recent memory upgrade (from 512MB to 2GB RAM) it has stopped working ("Not enough memory" error at "Initialising VM" part of startup).

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Were there ever any updates for this version? I suspect not. Software always used to work first time back then!

Many thanks.
        • 1. Re: Macromedia Fireworks (Version 1)
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          Oh no trust me this is fascinating. If we can help you get it running perhaps you can post some screenshots of it in action?

What operating system are you running? Do you have the original install disks / files?
          • 2. Re: Macromedia Fireworks (Version 1)
            Level 7
            gmjs wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > I suspect I'm just going to be laughed at here, but I thought I try anyway!
            >
            > I've used Macromedia Fireworks v1 (yes - the very first version from May
            > 1998!) for years and am very happy with it. However, since a recent memory
            > upgrade (from 512MB to 2GB RAM) it has stopped working ("Not enough memory"
            > error at "Initialising VM" part of startup).
            >
            > Is there anything I can do to fix this? Were there ever any updates for this
            > version? I suspect not. Software always used to work first time back then!
            >
            > Many thanks.

I seem to remember Osgood was running Dreamweaver MX for many years, and
            it was only when he upgraded his memory that it stopped working. He
            resorted to buying CS4.

--
            Posting Guidelines
            http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/guidelines.html
            How To Ask Smart Questions
            http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html