6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 12:48 PM by joet082964

Buttons with rollover appearances not functional in Acrobat.

zhopkins2

Since late last year, it seems that Acrobat has major performance issues when displaying interactive PDFs that contain buttons, especially with rollover states. This is true for all of my coworkers working on Macs, though it would seem the problem does not persist on Windows machines.

Essentially, hovering over a button causes the entire document to flash white and reload. Moving the mouse around the document causes the document to constantly flash and reload, to the point that the PDF is unusable. I am actually unsure whether this is an Acrobat problem or an InDesign problem, but it is important for me to know whether I can continue to create interactive PDFs this way. I know this must be a bug or a change within InDesign or Acrobat, because even older, previously functional interactive PDFs that have been created with rollover buttons are no longer functional.

I have tried everything I could think of to solve this problem, and so far, no luck. At this point, I am hoping the issue is familiar to some other users, and there may be a fix or workaround I haven't thought of?

Thank you for any help you can offer!