0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 10:02 AM by BCSD2016

Acrobat Pro DC Redaction Tool Properties - Box Height or Overlay Text alignment changes?

BCSD2016

Checked the web & forums, no joy. Version in use Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release (Classic) Version 2015.006.30119

Issue:  Redaction of text clips the bottom of the row above due to redaction tool selection box height attributes.  Initially desire to redact with white fill. Unacceptable result. I have an option to insert word "[Reserved]" using Properties Appearance\Use Overlay Text, and Redacted Area Fill Color set to "none" or "white" but I get the same result, regardless of Font Size set.

Text alignment is Top justified and I cannot see how to change this.  I can Left/Center/Right justify text alignment, but not vertically.  If bottom justify was available I believe it would work.

Is there a way, with the version in hand to either adjust the redaction tool box height (for text redaction, not image) or to force bottom justify of the Overlay Text desired?

The only immediate solution I can find is to hover outside the test to get the cross-hair selector, size my own box and then apply redaction, but I'm sure you can image what a chore that is for some documents. Any ideas from the community for any other workaround solutions?

I would respectfully offer that adding a feature to future upgrades [Redaction Tool Properties\Overlay Text\Text Alignment\ (3 new icons for Top/Middle/Bottom)] would be helpful for many users.

Cheers, B.