2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2016 8:48 AM by MobileDeveloperCK

PDF's appearing blank on mobile devices

TMCZME

I'm having issues with the PDF I use for my small business estimates. Whenever anyone tries to view them on phones or tablets, the PDF appears blank. I always have to tell them to open it on a computer instead, and it's kind of a pain. Can anyone help? Thanks.

• 1. Re: PDF's appearing blank on mobile devices
          CtDave Level 5

Many mobile devices and contemporary web browsers now provide "in house" PDF viewers that are only minimally compliant to the PDF Standard (ISO 32000) -- So... it is like trying to cut a steak with a cheap-cheap plastic knife -- just not at all a happy activity eh.

Install Adobe Reader mobile on your mobile devices. Use it to view PDFs.

Be well...

• 2. Re: PDF's appearing blank on mobile devices
            MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Hi TMCZME,

I always have to tell them to open it on a computer instead, and it's kind of a pain.

There is a way to open a PDF document in a web browser on a mobile device (phone/tablet).

Which types of mobile devices does your company use?  iPads, iPhones, Android tablets/phones, and/or Windows Phones?

Here's a solution for iPads/iPhones.

Please take a look at the "Open from Safari" section of the following FAQ documents.

Using the iOS "Open in"/"Copy to" feature, you can switch from Apple Safari (the default web browser on iOS) to Acrobat Reader for iOS to view form fields and annotations/comments.

Some web sites may try to open a PDF document in a separate window, when you tap a link to a PDF document in a web browser.  As a result, the PDF document may not open correctly or appear blank.  To fix the browser problem, please go to iOS Settings > Safari and disable (turn off) the "Block Pop-ups" option.

Please let us know if you would like to know a solution for other device types.

Thank you.