3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2016 5:22 AM by Steve Grisetti

Multiple clips resized when exported

David_F Level 1

I have a project where I have 3 overlapping video clips on video tracks 1, 2 and 3.

In the project I adjust the sizing and position of the video clips so they are adjacent (contiguous) as shown hereAS prel.jpg

However, when the project is exported to an AVI file, the clips are no longer adjacent.  Instead they display with black borders between them as shown here.

As avi no crop.jpg

Is there a method in Premier for viewing my project exactly how it will look as an exported film so I can properly position my clips?

• 1. Re: Multiple clips resized when exported
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is each of your videos from and what format and resolution is it?

What are the Project Settings, as listed under Project Settings, under the Edit menu?

You don't say which version of the program you're using, but that could also be relevant. If you're using version 14, do you get the same results if you output using Export & Share/Quick Export?

• 2. Re: Multiple clips resized when exported
            David_F Level 1

Thanks Steve.

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 13.

The clips were shot with a Cannon Rebel T5i DSLR camera at 1920x1080 24fps but the file properties show 1920x1088 23 fps.

I forced the settings DLSR 1080pDLSR 1080p24 when I created the project.

The Project Properties show "frame size" =  1920x1080, "timebase" = 23.976 fps and "display format" 24fps timecode.

I created the AVI file through Publish + Share option then selected Computer.   I got similar results with both an AVI and an MPG file.

• 3. Re: Multiple clips resized when exported
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say which Canon Rebel you're shooting with, but there are several models that shoot in a number for formats.

Can you confirm that your camera is set up to shoot AVC/MTS video and not MJPEG? What the suffixes of your video files?

MTS files should work very well -- but MJPEGs (which can be AVIs or MOVs) can cause lots of strange behavior.

And can you confirm that all footage in your movie came from the same camcorder at the same settings?