11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 12:01 AM by janh65614254

janh65614254

I have a new DVD of lightroom6 that I have installed (online).

When I go offline I have no program....

So I need to get my installation (made online) to work permanent offline.

How do I do that?

I did buy the more expenciv DVD version in hope that I did not need to be online.

/Jan

• 1. Re: OFFLINE
          dj_paige Level 9

Could you clarify something?

You need to be connected to the internet at the time you enter your serial number, so your serial number can be validated. After that, you don't need to be connect to the internet.

Are you having trouble with entering your serial number and can't because you are offline; or have you successfully entered the serial number and then trying to use Lightroom and you can't because you are offline?

• 2. Re: OFFLINE
            janh65614254 Level 1

My LAN is not stabil so I buy the Standalone version. DVD Lightroom6  PN 65237585

I have instal it from DVD

Enter the serial number

Start the program

change ADOBE accont to "do no chare" and "no adds"

Quit program

Start program

Program say put in serial number ????? so I do that again.

quit program

Start program

so now I an online whit a registrate program. cost me 120 euro

If I have LAN and WAN (normal internet) I can clic on <Help> and logout. But if I logout I can not use the program "offline"

If I have LAN but not WAN and clic on <Help> the program wait and win7 say "no contact to the program"

So the missing WAN make the program usless.

I NEED to use the program offline.

If you like me to have a ADOBE accont I can have it. I do not care.

But I NEED to use the program standalone without internet (WAN) but with LAN so I can use my printer.

I deleted the program from the computer and try to reinstal. Looking for instal without online connection but I ddi not see annything...

/Jan

• 4. Re: OFFLINE
              janh65614254 Level 1

Here is a youtube YouTube to look at.

It´s 8 min long but you can see that I have to put in the serial numer everytime I connect to Adobe and the program can´t start and don´t work wihtout WAN.

/Jan

• 5. Re: OFFLINE
                janh65614254 Level 1

now it should work to see.

/Jan

• 6. Re: OFFLINE
                  Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Then stop signing out of LR. For LR to work it has to be associated with an Adobe ID. It does that by you Signing In. If you then Sign Out it loses that association. If you stay Signed In, whether or not you are connected to the Internet, the association is valid.

What is happening is once you sign out it throws out the serial number, disassociate the serial number from that install of LR. It does that so if you get a new computer or want to move LR to another computer when you Sign In Adobe records that computer with the install of LR and the serial number.

So stop signing out of LR.

• 7. Re: OFFLINE
                    janh65614254 Level 1

But then I can not use the LR6!

My internet connection is not stabil.

When it goes down (for a minute or so) I can not use the LR6.

If I press <Arkive> nothing happens until the internet connection goes live.

is that OK?

/Jan

• 8. Re: OFFLINE
                      Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

janh65614254 wrote:

But then I can not use the LR6!

My internet connection is not stabil.

When it goes down (for a minute or so) I can not use the LR6.

If I press <Arkive> nothing happens until the internet connection goes live.

is that OK?

/Jan

You have to Sign In with both LR 6 or the CC version.

If you Sign in with an Adobe ID that is NOT associated with a subscription plan LR becomes the 6 version and you are asked to enter a serial number.

If you Sign In with an Adobe ID that IS associated with a Photographers subscription plan LR becomes the CC version.

But with either once you Sign Out that association is LOST. Stop Signing Out.

Do you have a serial number?

Do you subscribe to the Adobe Photographers subscription plan?

Both versions of the newest LR work without an internet connection once you have Signed In and registered the program.

The CC version, the one associated with a subscription plan, needs to connect to the internet once every 90 days to check your subscription status. It can do that today and then again tomorrow and then again next week or in 2 weeks. Once it checks the status, whether that is today, tomorrow, next week or in 2 weeks or 2months, it doesn't need to connect for the another 90 days.

With the 6 version once you sign in, enter a valid serial number, it registers with Adobe you NEVER have to connect to the internet again. It is associated with a valid serial number and never has to check the internet. If you Sign out all that is lost.

So STOP SIGNING OUT.

• 9. Re: OFFLINE
                        DdeGannes Level 5

Hint as just as Just Shoot Me says do not sign out. When you are closing Lightroom after use use the menu bar and select "Quit Lightroom"

See the screen capture.

Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 8.03.59 AM.png

• 10. Re: OFFLINE
                          Bob Somrak Level 5

Even in your video you quote the dialog as saying "when you logout you can not use this program anymore" so as Just Shoot Me said,  STOP SIGING OUT.

• 11. Re: OFFLINE
                            janh65614254 Level 1

After I have uninstallad all Adobe program

Deleted all files that have "adobe" in it´s namne

Disconnect from LAN

Reinstall LR6

It works much better.

Now the program can be used offline

But If I have no WAN the program "wait" for one minute when I start it the first time.

If I have WAN the program starts direct the first time.

After this the program works with or without WAN so it is better.

But all "ships are burned"I will not buy any more Adobe program. I use them "one now and then" so I stick to the 30 days trail and make a new accont.

/Jan

The major problem was not sign in or out. The major problem was that every click was going to Internet before it was executed in the program. So no WAN = nothing happens on the screen. If I sign out then it do not need to connect to internet but that is not a working solution.  I will not give Adobe any more money.