0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 10:58 PM by Amebr-ke0mH4

Tutorial for styles in RH8?

Amebr-ke0mH4 Level 2
      Hi all,

I'm investigating the RH8 trial version and cannot for the life of me work out how to get bullets and numbering to work.

I've upgraded a copy of one of our existing projects and everything looks pretty much okay. But when I start creating new procedures, or modifying existing ones, things go rather pear-shaped.

In existing, unmodified procedures, our subnumbering style display correctly in Design View, but doesn't show correctly in Preview - the numbers don't show as lower-roman, but the indenting is correct. If we create a new procedure, assigning the style using the Style list on the toolbar, they also don't show correctly. It gets worse when we restart the numbering for the subnumbered style - the numbering vanishes completely in both Design and Preview modes.

A similar situation happens with bullets. If they are in the middle of a procedure, selecting our bullet style applies the correct indenting, but it retains a numbering style rather than the correct bullets.

This is all without modifying the stylesheet as imported from RH6-7(slight modification here as well as the RH upgrade changes)-8.

I assume that there is some relationship between the style that appears in the Style Editor under Lists and the one that appears under Paragraph, but I can't for the life of me work it out, and the procedure in the RH help doesn't help beyond creating a new style. Maybe I should be using multi-level lists? But there isn't any help on that as far as I can see, and I couldn't get lists to work using that either.

So if anyone can direct me to a tutorial I would be sincerely grateful.