7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2016 5:40 AM by Nanaky

activation error when downloading books

Sarah Denis

Hi,

I get the activation error every time I download an ebook from my library. I have no problems downloading pdfs to adobe digital editions, or epubs from Project Gutenberg or free review copies from my email. I have reauthorized my nook ereader but that did not solve the problem. I would also rather not uninstall Digital editions and lose my books.activation error.jpg

• 1. Re: activation error when downloading books
          Windrose94

I too am having this problem. I have downloaded library books before without any trouble.

• 2. Re: activation error when downloading books
            muhya97536658

I have same problem! please could you someone who is one of the customer service supporter can help us for  this issue? Thank you in advance.

• 3. Re: activation error when downloading books
              Nanaky Level 5

No stuff, but can solved the problem with following steps:

Macintosh:

1. Open Adobe Digital Wditions.
              2. Press Command+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
              3. Select Erase Authorization.
              4. Click OK and quit Adobe Digital Editions.
              5. Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.
                If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later.
              6. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Windows:

1. Close all applications.
              2. Choose Start > Run.
              3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
              4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
              5. Select the Adept key.
              6. Choose File > Export.
              7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
              8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
              9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
              10. Close the Registry Editor.
              11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize
              • 4. Re: activation error when downloading books
                muhya97536658 Level 1

thank you for help, but it did not work. it says "

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER "

Maybe do i need to redownload acsm file from book suplier?  it doesnt work. i really dont know what i have to do.

• 5. Re: activation error when downloading books
                  Windrose94 Level 1

Thank you for the help. The procedure resulted in the  activation error changing to a new error saying Unable to Download. Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED.

I have had this error before. At that time I followed the same procedure you recommended in this thread and it worked so that I could transfer a library book to digital editions. This time it did not work and I continue to get the same error after reauthorizing Digital Editions.

• 6. Re: activation error when downloading books
                    Sarah Denis Level 1

Nanaky's version worked! I think if I want to see the new registration in the tree I have to open it again. I used Adobe ID when  I was reregistering it and went fine. 

• 7. Re: activation error when downloading books
                      Nanaky Level 5

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED say that has a errror with Time, Date and Timezone. Check if all right on you device. Its also not work try a other ebook. Sometimes is a problem with the ebook itself.

e_lic_already_fulfilled_by_another_user say that the error linked with the other Adobe ID. If you have a no other Adobe id using, its linked with a empty authrize. So you need a new download of the reseller which can linked new with the Adobe id.