Also, a common problem with Scheduled Tasks is that they don't run through the normal browser/server interaction. When you visit a page via a browser, there are some authentication/authorization things happening automatically. With a scheduled task, there is only a CFHTTP request to the page, and the authentication/authorization step isn't done the same way - that's why there is a set of fields in the scheduled task setup to enter a username and password. Unfortunately, in a Windows domain environment, this doesn't usually work.
Search these forums for issues with scheduled tasks and you'll see numerous different possible solutions to this issue. The only one I've found that works reliably is to create a separate IIS website just for the scheduled tasks, and use anonymous authentication. Only allow access from localhost or 127.0.0.1 to that site, and you should be fairly secure.
After reading both of your responses, I went back to look at my IIS setup for my path for the scheduled job.
Yes, I had the a separate IIS website just for the scheduled tasks - and I reentered the new password for IUSR_machinename account. I then looked at the SSL certificate (edit under secure communications) and it must have reset the check box on the 'require secure channel (SSL)'. Unchecked the box, apply, and tested. Job ran to success.
Thank you both, Carl and BKBK for you assistance.
Thank you too for sharing that with us.