6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 3:54 PM by Damon Edwards

SystemTrayIcon.toolip

Damon Edwards Level 3
      Are there any plans for making this property dynamic? Where, at any point during an applications open time, you can update the tooltip.
        • 1. Re: SystemTrayIcon.toolip
          Joe ... Ward Level 4
          You cannot change the tooltip text that is displayed while the tooltip is visible. You can change the text at any time the application is running. There are no plans to change this behavior. To make a feature request, please use http://www.adobe.com/go/wish.
          • 2. Re: SystemTrayIcon.toolip
            Damon Edwards Level 3
            Really? I've attempted to set it based on what video is playing (pertaining to my application) and I always only see the standard one I set after loading the system tray icon...
            • 3. Re: SystemTrayIcon.toolip
              Joe ... Ward Level 4
              It works for me on Windows XP. What platforms are you using?
              • 4. Re: SystemTrayIcon.toolip
                Damon Edwards Level 3
                Windows XP on two machines and occasionally OS X 10.4.11.

PS: Joe, you seem to be very knowledgeable on the AIR platform, almost as if you're an AIR engineer?? If you are, I have a very strange problem that I've posted to the Flash prerelease forums. This AIR 'bug' is pretty significant. If you can get on the prerelease site, you'll see a post by Damon Edwards. If not, can you email me directly (dzedward[at]gmail[dot]com) so I can work with you to try and resolve the problem??
                • 5. Re: SystemTrayIcon.toolip
                  Joe ... Ward Level 4
                  No, I'm not an engineer, I work on the AIR docs team.

For your issue, you should use the Adobe wish form to submit a bug. These reports do get looked at. If you can provide a simple test case that would be very helpful. Thanks!
                  • 6. Re: SystemTrayIcon.toolip
                    Damon Edwards Level 3
                    That's the problem, there is no test case! The application works fine on all computers that I know of, except for two machines, again that I know of. The two machines are totally different, one's a mac (tiger) and one's a pc (vista). After launch, nothing happens, although using a debug version reveals the data loads and parses. It's almost as though the stage doesn't redraw or something.

I'm hoping it's not happening on more computers, but the users just aren't contact me to let me know. Anyway, I'll report to the bug form, and I have a live post on the prerelease site.

Also, I'll re-check the tooltip problem and report back. Thanks Joe.