3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2016 12:08 PM by Szalam

Error when trying to open Cinema 4d Lite from After Effects 2015

steven.cheak

Hello,

I've seen this question throw about, but I have yet to find an answer that works for me. I booted up C4d for the first time a few days ago and it worked fine. However, when I came back to it the next day, I had an error message:

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 4.28.40 PM.png

I contacted customer support after googling around and checking these forums, and they said that it's a known issue and should be fixed in the next update. I'm trying to learn the program, so I downloaded AE 2014 in the meantime, but I would like to use the 2015 edition. Does anyone have any idea how I can get this to work? It does, sometimes, open C4d, but after I switch back to AE I also get the message.

I'm running OSX Yosemite on a souped up Mac Pro 2010 (2 2.66 6 core processors and a Nvidia GTX 980 GPU).

Also, I really don't think this has anything to do with it, but I changed my computer name about an hour before I started C4d back up and first got the error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh! One more thing - I'm doing a tutorial from Lynda on how to create 3D text in C4d, and he is using the full version. The project files have a lot of objects and he is using the "connect and delete" option. Obviously, this is not a feature in the lite version, but I'm wondering if there is a workaround, or similar way to do it?