4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2016 1:58 PM by Megan Pawlak

Motion Tracking and Text

peteng2000

I have the latest version of Premiere Elements and basically I'm trying to add text to the thing I'm motion tracking, but the text icon on the action bar is all grayed out, and the graphics icon is the only one available to add even though its says that I should be allowed to add text

• 1. Re: Motion Tracking and Text
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As I show you in my book (on Amazon) you need to first create a title and delete it from your timeline -- THEN do your motion tracking.

You can then add the title from the Project Assets panel (which appears in the upper right of the interface in Motion Tracking mode).

• 2. Re: Motion Tracking and Text
            Megan Pawlak

I am also having this problem. I read that the motion box should turn blue when dragging something from Graphics or your media, but mine never does this. I've restarted PE14 several times and updated it, but it still does not work. I'm greatful I can animate by hand because otherwise I'd be extremely sad! I also have graphical bugs and I'm considering completely reinstalling from scratch.

"for best results try and...." something's not right

Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 12.47.42 AM.png

• 3. Re: Motion Tracking and Text
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your illustration does not show a selection box. Was it supposed to?

That said, it appears that you are not using camcorder video, silivren, but you're apparently using video from some capture software, which can use some strange codecs and frame rates.

I'd recommend converting your video to a compliant MP4 with constant frame rate using the excellent free download HandBrake. Once you're using a compliant MP4, all should work as it's supposed to.

• 4. Re: Motion Tracking and Text
                Megan Pawlak Level 1

I didn't know that! I think My capture software is h.264 compliant but I don't k ow about the frame rate. I will try it next time and see if that works. Thanks.

the reason there is no selection is because its been hard to use and I've had to reset it a lot while trying to use the tool. sometimes it doesn't let me click on the box at all and if I accidentally click off the video then it leaves the motion tracking tool completely (I chalk that upto my own user ineptitude. Haha)