1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2016 7:09 AM by Colin Holgate

Audio out of sync with video

clusby

Hi- I'm new to animate.... so far I'm having a lot of fun with it. I've run into the first issue that I haven't been able to overcome.

I recorded a voice over for my my movie in another program (Studio One), standard .wav file and imported it into my library. Spent some time editing the vocal track and animation so everything would line up properly in Animate. When I test the movie using the play control in Animate everything syncs perfectly. When I test it using ctrl+enter or publish the movie and play it in my browser the audio and video no longer line up. The audio plays at the correct speed, but the video is about 10% faster then it should be. Works out to around 5 seconds in a 45 second animation. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Audio out of sync with video
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What sample rate and bit depth was the WAV? Animate wants it to be 44.1 KHz, 16 bit. If you use 48 KHz or 24 bit, you could run into trouble.

If you are using 44.1 KHz, 15 bit, are you making a SWF or is it HTML5 Canvas? With SWF you can set the sound sync to Stream, and the graphics and sound will keep in sync. If it's HTML5 Canvas it uses Event sync, and if your animation is demanding it will go out of sync.

There are ways to use Javascript to make it stay in sync. Something like this in frame 1 of the animation:

var starttime = createjs.Ticker.getTicks();

createjs.Ticker.setFPS(24); //the 24 would be different if your frame rate is something else

this.addEventListener("tick",movealong);

var self = this;

this.stop();

function movealong() {

var now = createjs.Ticker.getTicks();

self.gotoAndStop(Math.floor(now-starttime));

}