10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 5:21 PM by Alex-F

How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?

Alex-F Level 1

Hello Everyone,
      I find working with Premiere Elements very interesting. However I need some support please, in order to be able make the settings in Premiere Elements, compatible with the family's new player (and Full-HD TV PAL).

I have found out that my Blu-ray/DVD multi-media player can act on the following input-formats to it - put on a USB-device:

1. MKV
            Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
            Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)
          2. AVI
            Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
          3. MP4
            Audio: AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)
          4. MPEG-2 TS
            Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2, MPEG2 Visual
            Audio: MP2 (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)
          5. AVCHD (.m2ts, .mts)

Three questions please:

- Which of these formats are Premiere Elements 9 and 13 compatible with? All? None?

- How to I export/encode in the above PRE-versions? Which are the correct settings?

- If you should endorse only one or two, of the possible Visual and Audio formats above, which should you chose?

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?
          whsprague Level 4

What works best for me is your choice 3. 

It has been too long since I used version 9.  In version 13 I use the following steps:

Publish&Share > Computer > AVCHD > Pick Preset "MP4 H264 1920x1080 30" > Name the File > Pick a storage folder > Save

For PAL "25" will probably work better than "30".  Optionally, you can press the Advanced button and look for the Match Source button.  It will make adjustments closer to your source footage, including higher frame rates. 

I don't know why Adobe put the best MP4 H.264 under the AVCHD section, but that is where it is. 

Good luck! 

Bill

• 2. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

For PAL "25" will probably work better than "30".  Optionally, you can press the Advanced button and look for the Match Source button.  It will make adjustments closer to your source footage, including higher frame rates.

Choosing PAL or NTSC is not a matter of working better, its a matter of in which Country you live in.

USA is NTSC (24, 29.97, 30, 60), PAL (25, 50) is mostly European.

• 3. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?

If using the usb on a BD player stick to mp4.

• 4. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?
                Alex-F Level 1

Hello Bill, Ann and Everyone,
                An interim message on this Premiere Elements project of mine, which you answered.

I read your input the first day, on my thread on How to harmonize my Premiere Elements 9 with the family's multi-player, according to the above input specification. Thank you. I do appreciate it.

Since I read your answers, I have worked hard with going from the WHAT (your suggested MP4 and other possible video formats in the specification of the player), to the HOW (the practical encoding settings in PRE; today v 9 (tomorrow 13).

Normally I (with a background in IT) usually succeed with struggling . However this time I'll convey that going - to the USB-input-specification of my player (see above) - from PSE 9 - is rather a hard nut to crack!

In essence to help everybody, who have the background to help me: Looking at the different video compression and container formats that my USB-multiplayer facilitates (i.e. the specification above), I cannot find the way down the menu-tree of PRE 9 (with settings).

Please I advice me. Thank you for your cooperation!

• 5. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?
                  Alex-F Level 1

Hello Everyone at the forum,

Please support me. I'm familiar with Photoshop and different file formats. However I'm new to the Premiere Elements formats and its capabilities. And have still not been able to pass this hinder, in order to use PRE for the task below:

ITEM

So does the above mean that Premiere Elements 9 is not capable enough to encode, to the multitude of video input formats, which the video-player supports, or is it?

I will if solve I this, migrate to PRE version 13 or 14. However before this I need to work in version 9.

- To make it easier for any skilled person (and that PRE 9 was released some years ago) I provide the following data:

My multi-video-player can receive the following video file formats for input, in the USB-slot:

MKV

AVI

MP4

MPEG-2 TS

AVCHD (.m2ts, .mts)

TV:

TV PAL 1080p

This is what I view when I enter the menu of Premiere Elements v 9:

PRE9 Task panel.jpg

Premiere Elements v 9 video export formats:

• 3GP

• Adobe Flash Video (.flv)

• Animated GIF - Windows only

• Microsoft AVI (.avi)

• Microsoft DV AVI (.avi)

• MPEG-1 (Multimedia Compatible)

• MPEG-2 (Multimedia Compatible .mpg)

• MPEG-2 (DVD-compatible .mpg)

• MPEG-2 (HDV .m2ts and .m2t: 1080i 25, 1080i 30, 720p 25, 720p 30)

• MPEG-4 (.mp4, .mov, .avi)

• QuickTime (.mov)

• Windows Media (.wmv)

---------------------

- So does mean that Premiere Elements 9 is not capable enough to export/encode, to the multitude of video input formats, which the player supports, or is it?

Thank you supporting me and the family concerning solving this very vital topic in Premiere Elements!

• 6. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?

- So does mean that Premiere Elements 9 is not capable enough to export/encode, to the multitude of video input formats, which the player supports, or is it?

Why should it . One is enough. Stick to mp4 which the most common format for playing files on a tv or computer or uploading to e.g. Youtube.

• 7. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?
                      whsprague Level 4

I'm not sure what the question actually is.  It has been a long time since I used version 9, but the outputs are there and Ann confirms your best choice of MP4.

If the question is how to get there from the menu you posted, it is "Computer".  Again I don't remember 9, but there should be a choice under "Computer"  that leads to an MP4 output that will match your player's MP4 specification.

If I'm not answering the right question, please post more screen shots to help me remember version 9 choices.

• 8. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?
                        Alex-F Level 1

Hello again Bill,
                        Thank for your reply when you write the following. I appreciate it.

"If I'm not answering the right question, please post more screen shots to help me remember version 9 choices.

The things is that if I would find the MP4 - container format, video compression and audio file format - I would use it, of course. However in spite of great effort, I have not found it yet. I have also received information (which can be correct or wrong) that PRE 9, which I need to use today, cannot produce it.

So the purpose of my post is, as I really want to solve this, to identify if PRE9 can encode some of the other input formats that the multi-player specifies for USB. That is:

AVI

Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2

MPEG-2 TS

Visual: MPEG2 Visual, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2

MKV

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2

AVCHD (.m2ts, .mts)

What do you Bill and everyone else know about the PRE 9 scope and limitations, concerning the rest of the remaining input video formats for my multiplayer, USB? Which are possible to achieve and which are not? Which can be rolled out?

While I wait for your reply, I will again take a serious look into the "Computer"-menu concerning MP4 (and what's possible concerning the good suggestion of further screen shoots). I do appreciate the support have to solve this!

Have a nice day!

• 9. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?

Your export format says mp4.

Look under computer.

• 10. Re: How to make Premiere Elements match the Video-formats on my Player?
                            Alex-F Level 1

Hello Bill, Ann and Everyone at the Forum,

Please advice me. I am struggling with this problem!

Thank you for your propositions so far. To recapitulate, I want to make the Premiere Elements 9 match an input format of my new multi-videoplayer.

Of the possible input formats on the player you suggested MP4. The player matches:

- MP4. Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2

The question after this was if PRE 9 could produce it and if so where to find it.

You suggested the "Computer Menu". However how hard I have tried, I cannot find MP4, H.264 under the Computer Menu . It has also been a hard struggle to understand the different video-formats presented there.

Bill, you suggested more screen shots. Thanks:

If I'm not answering the right question, please post more screen shots to help me remember version 9 choices.

This is what I view when entering PRE 9:

PRNT SCRN_PRE9 Task panel.jpg

I will translate the following to English:

Under "Computer"menu, PRE provides the following alternatives:

> Adobe Flash video

> MPEG

> AVI

> Windows Media

> QuickTime

> Image

> Sound

The challenge is that there is no MP4-format under one of these. (Just PAL DVD widescreen, DV, etc.)

Hopes this helps you Bill, everyone. Please advice my what to do, in order to make Premiere Elements export videos in a format that matches one of the USB-input formats of my new multi-videoplayer:

If you are using a USB storage device, you must save your files to a folder so that they will be recognised by the system.

MKV

AVI

MP4

MPEG-2 TS

AVCHD (.m2ts, .mts)

As I am working very hard to solve this topic of making PRE match the video-player, thank you for your cooperation!