4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 10:53 AM by Conrad C

switch from Adobe Revel to Lightroom

jennin43867724

I have several thousand photos in Adobe Revel.   It would take a significant out a time to download them and then re-upload them. Is there a way that I can directly import them into Lightroom?

• 1. Re: switch from Adobe Revel to Lightroom
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes if you have the originals on your hard drive or external hard drive. But if the images stored on Revel are your only copies, you would have to download them by the deadline.

• 2. Re: switch from Adobe Revel to Lightroom
            jennin43867724 Level 1

That is ridiculous.  I won't be using any Adobe sites to store my photos In the future.  Who knows when this will happen again.

• 3. Re: switch from Adobe Revel to Lightroom
              Bob Somrak Level 5

The deadline for getting you photos off of Adobe Revel was February 23, 2016.  Did they extend the deadline?  If not and this was the only place you stored your photos (a bad idea) then your photos are probably gone.

• 4. Re: switch from Adobe Revel to Lightroom
                Conrad C Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you still want to retrieve your photos you should try using the Adobe Revel Downloader anyway. This is a separate program from Revel that is designed only to download everything from Revel. Although we're past the deadline, I tried it just now, and it let me log in and pull down an image I left up there. So it might be worth trying.

Adobe Revel Downloader

If it's able to download all your Revel images, it's one step to import the entire download folder into Lightroom. Then, if you want to upload those into Lightroom Mobile, it will have to take a while as you said.

jennin43867724 wrote:

That is ridiculous.  I won't be using any Adobe sites to store my photos In the future.  Who knows when this will happen again.

It is going to happen again, and not just at Adobe. Over the years, Yahoo, Kodak, and many others have started and then stopped various cloud photo services, some of which were much larger than Revel. Just this month, Google announced that it is going to stop developing Picasa and ceasing its PicasaWeb cloud photo storage, telling everyone to move to Google Photos. When this happens, not everyone provides an easy migration path to another service. You pretty much always have to manage your photos as if the online copies might not be there tomorrow; you should always have local copies. Cloud storage should always be backup storage, not primary.