2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 4:57 PM by hero2k

"RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames" ERROR CC2015

hero2k

This is ridiculous now.

I'm very frustrated, I have a tight deadline on a project and I am simply spending twice the amount of time I should be on it because I must close and reopen AE every time I want to preview the tiniest of changes. This is not what I paid a professional editing suite that has had over a decade to master a software for.

Seriously Adobe, please give an honest answer on this because I know you won't give a solution, why do we still have this issue after so many years? There has been so many changes with the preview options and timeline changes since CS4 and yet we STILL have this error carrying down from back then? What gives? What is the reason behind the error? What causes it? If not a fix, give me a reason for why it actually does this, let me understand and maybe I won't be so annoyed (restraining my language) right now.

Details:

I'm using version CC 2015.

My timeline (and whole project) consists of 1 composition with 2 layers, both layers have liquify keyframes on them.

When it does work to RAM preview (rarely), there is no problem on speed, it previews very fast. I have 32GB of RAM, I am not doing anything intensive.

I decided to update AE to try and fix the issue, (not sure which version I was running, my latest update was probably just a couple months ago). I'm now using version 13.5.1.48

Why on earth am I getting this issue, it seems like everyone experiences this issue on every version for all different random reasons. Everyone seems to have a random temporary fix, I've tried all that I can find but I am yet to find some sort of fix.

Please help...

• 1. Re: "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames" ERROR CC2015
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

hero2k wrote:

I decided to update AE to try and fix the issue, (not sure which version I was running, my latest update was probably just a couple months ago). I'm now using version 13.5.1.48

Try updating to the latest version of CC 2015. If you're going to use AE CC 2015, you might as well use the latest one. The latest is 13.7.0.

You could also consider using CC 2014 (AE version 13.2). A lot of people consider CC 2015 (AE version 13.7) a beta product. That's because AE is being completely redone!

AE CC 2015 is the first step in a major re-architecture, separating the renderer from the UI for the first time in AE's 20+ year history. This is a big job and it's clearly still in progress. It's a necessary step for improving After Effects performance in the future, but it's taking a while (and multiple versions) for them to get through it. So, during this time of transition as they're introducing elements of the new architecture, sometimes it may be easier to use the older version to get a job done.

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015

You can open projects created in AE CC 2015 in AE CC 2014 with no problems.

• 2. Re: "RAM Preview needs 2 or more frames" ERROR CC2015
            hero2k Level 1

That's strange, I have updated it though, I literally made that post 5 minutes after the update when I found out it still wasn't working. I have no option to update again, so I am to assume 13.5 is the current version :/

Perhaps restarting the mac would show some later versions, weird...