3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 12:17 PM by lees68221300

unable to transfer ebook from ADE 4.5.1 to Kobo Glo. Suggestions?

elisam54125148

unable to transfer ebook from ADE 4.5.1 to Kobo Glo. Suggestions?

• 1. Re: unable to transfer ebook from ADE 4.5.1 to Kobo Glo. Suggestions?
          Nanaky Level 5

What try you and what happens exactly?

• 2. Re: unable to transfer ebook from ADE 4.5.1 to Kobo Glo. Suggestions?
            elisam54125148 Level 1

I installed ADE 4.5.1 on my PC laptop in order to transfer ebooks from the

Overdrive library site to a KoboGlo. When I opened ADE the books were

there; however my device wasn't recognized so I followed Overdrive

directions and uninstalled and reinstalled ADE and that kept the books in

the Library but still didn't recognize my device. I then attempted  to

deauthorize and reauthorize my Adobe ID....no luck. Next I reset the Kobo

back to factory settings. Then I tried returning the books and

redownloading them. Finally I tried to just remove them from the library.

After all this my ADE library ended up with ebooks "missing", mislabeled or

when I click on them it won't allow me to move them to the Kobo. The area

is grayed out but my device is still appearing on the left hand side menu.

If I attempt to open the ebook it has the following error: Error getting

License. Server Communication Problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_RETURNED

The last step I took was to uninstall the program and restore my computer

back to a time 24hours before I started this whole process.

• 3. Re: unable to transfer ebook from ADE 4.5.1 to Kobo Glo. Suggestions?
              lees68221300

I worked on this for two days and have fixed it with no help from Kobo or Adobe. I had updated to ADE 4.5 recently and that doesn't seem to work with Kobo. So first unauthorized your computer with the 4.5 version (can't do it with 3.0) then install Adobe Digital Edition 3.0, authorize your computer with 3.0. Then do normal epub upload thru 3.0. This fixed my problem. Good Luck