Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp 4 Projects not loading/running

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2009 Mar 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have recently upgraded to Cp4 from Cp3. I have recorded a simple project to test publishing, but when I publish in Cp4 (SWF &HTML) the link seems to load the HTML page, but not run the SWF.

If I do exactly the same thing in CP3, eveything works OK!

Does anyone have any ideas what is going wrong?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Flash Player are you publishing to? Perhaps you are publishing to Flash Player 10 but only have FP 8 installed on your PC? Try and check the Captivate publishing settings.

Other than that I have no idea what could be causing it. I never experienced that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response...

Both published to Flash Player 7 (also tried FP8 as well, with same result) :o(
I'm not using Flash 10 player whilst authoring because of the issue seeing Flash Animations in CP3 previews (not sure if that was fixed in CP4) so have Flash Player 9 on my PC. I have also asked other users to check on their browsers without sucess.

I have since published them both to our Moodle LMS, using SCORM and everything is OK!?.
That is fine for the training modules that will be created, but we are also using it to run demonstrations on the Corporate Intranet, hence the need for the HTML link

It is also interesting that the same problem occurs when using the new Send for Review feature.
The reviewers' AIR application shell loads OK, but the CREV file does not load a PLAY button, just the blank screen the HTML link generates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you upload the content to the web / LMS it works fine but when viewed locally it doesn't work? Are you running the HTML file from your PC or a network drive? If that is the case are you getting a security warning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Not quite....

Uploading to the LMS (moodle) using Scorm works OK.
When viewed locally (on a users PC without Captivate) it works OK

Uploading to the Intranet....Not working,
Sending for Review (CREV) Not working.

As it doesn't appear to be a common CP4 release problem, I will be investigating the upload to the CMS that manages our intranet further. I am training for the next couple of days, but will post any news later this week.

I haven't a clue why the CREV does not load though?. The AIR appilcation loads on the users PC, but not the CREV file that is sent with the email. Reviewers have saved the CREV to their desktop and tried to load from there, but no luck. They seem to have the latest AIR runtime on their PC as well.

The CREV works fine on my PC, which has Captivate on it?! Most confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2009 Mar 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK,
I can now get the CREV files working on the reviewers PCs.
Although they had WRITE permissions to the shared folder, they also need MODIFY permissions, then the CREV loads OK.

Still trying to work out the HTML link problem with CP4 published projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources