6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2016 7:54 AM by Alex-F

Top-notch Premiere Elements Books ...

Alex-F Level 1

Hello Every forum member,

I am looking for good reads, books regarding Premiere Elements. And I have one general and one specific question:

A) What are your top 3 (5 or 10 or what you desire) endorsements concerning good reads on Premiere Elements?

If you know and have the time, please say if it is an advanced, intermediate or beginners book.

B) For those of you who have come in contact with the following book, "Adobe Premiere Elements Classroom in a Book",

would you recommend the book or not?

The latest version of "Adobe Premiere Elements Classroom in a Book" that I found when researching this, is for version 12! Do anyone know if it has been release for PRE 13 or PRE 14?

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: Top-notch Premiere Elements Books ...
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

"Classroom in a Book" is published by Adobe. It will show you step by step how to do several things using the tools in Premiere Elements.

The only other books I'm aware of are the ones I've written, based on my 12 years moderating this forum as well as running my own web site supporting Premiere Elements with countless tutorials, including our free 8 part Basic Training series.

Both books are available on Amazon and the series has been very well received. (Check out the excellent reviews!)

"The Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 14" or 13 or whatever as well as "The Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 14" are complete guides to virtually every tool and effect in the program. Here's the promo page for it, including tutorials and screen captures for the new features.

"Cool Tricks & Hot Tips for Premiere Elements 14", a step-by-step guide to the 50 of the most requested special effects with Premiere Elements.Here's the promo page for it, including sample tutorials and a video showing some of the effects you can create.

• 2. Re: Top-notch Premiere Elements Books ...
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am not into books.

I like lynda.com or Youtube.

• 3. Re: Top-notch Premiere Elements Books ...
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You will not be disappointed if you purchase any of Steve's books.  I have several of them that I used to help me while learning Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements.

Steve also has a few Lynda.com tutorials, as well.

• 4. Re: Top-notch Premiere Elements Books ...
                Alex-F Level 1

Hello Peru Bob,

This is to say that I appreciate your endorsement on Premiere Elements' books and the tip about the tutorial site.

Most valuable. Thank you!

• 5. Re: Top-notch Premiere Elements Books ...
                  Alex-F Level 1

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your input on PRE books. I've made a note of your propositions on my possibility list on future books.

Two questions please:

A) I first focused on Adobe's "Classroom in a book", as it was the first book I found during my research on the PRE-topic. The endorsements of your books of course made me curious. Before I decide, what would you say as the author of the books you mention, are the main differences (and similarities) between them and Adobe's "Class in a Book"?

B) I see that your books: "The Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements" and "The Muvipix.com Guide to Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements" both comprises the topic of Premiere Elements. That's good.

My main focus is PRE - as I am equipped with Photoshop Elements skills, since being a friend of it for more than a decade. Thus I wonder concerning the Premiere Elements part in the books - are they the same or do they differ? (How?)

Kind Regards

• 6. Re: Top-notch Premiere Elements Books ...
                    Alex-F Level 1

Hello Ann,

We meet again.

A compliment: At least from my view you are a mind reader.

I've used Photoshop Elements for over a decade now. However I want to be more advanced in Premiere Elements, and combine the power of them both. When pressing the send button for this thread, I thought perhaps Youtube is a good source for PRE, like it is for PSE.

Thank you for confirming this. I will remember your suggestion.

Have a nice day!