7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 6:41 PM by kglad

Flash shopping cart..... Help Please

tentrid
      Hi Guys,
      I Would like to add a shopping cart to my flash website. The current website is working with actionscript 2. selling 10+ items

Anyone knows of a good tutorial, book, program or advise that would help me from start to finish? should i use xml or php? Any open source codes with instructions? what can i use to processes credit cards inside of flash?

Really need the help, thanks
        • 1. Re: Flash shopping cart..... Help Please
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          because of the questions you're asking, you should off-load the handling of secure transactions to a third party. paypal is the most well-known of these.

check their website for details on how you can accept a variety of payments, including credit cards. it's relatively simple (compared to creating your own secure shopping cart).
          • 2. Re: Flash shopping cart..... Help Please
            tentrid Level 1
            quote:

because of the questions you're asking, you should off-load the handling of secure transactions to a third party. paypal is the most well-known of these. check their website for details on how you can accept a variety of payments, including credit cards. it's relatively simple (compared to creating your own secure shopping cart).

Thank you kglad, What would u recommend i do for the coding of the shopping cart before the total amount is sent to a 3rd party? Like the add to cart, remove from cart, total etc.
            • 3. Re: Flash shopping cart..... Help Please
              whatever suits your needs. at a minimum you'll need to pass a total amount and identifying information to the 3rd party. more can be sent and used by the 3rd party.

in addition, some clients want an email sent and some want data saved to a database and inventory updated.
              • 4. Re: Flash shopping cart..... Help Please
                tentrid Level 1
                Do u have any resources or good tutorial links that you would recommended? i understand what needs to get done but just not sure how to do it.
                • 5. Re: Flash shopping cart..... Help Please
                  first, pick a 3rd party to handle the transactions. i'd recommend paypal because it's the best known and is suitable for small businesses.

go to the 3rd party website and their help files about how to setup your account and what information you must pass and what information you can optionally pass.

then if you have troubles you can search for extra help.
                  • 6. Re: Flash shopping cart..... Help Please
                    tentrid Level 1
                    ok, so i got the 3rd party provider im going with paypal. In my flash site what coding would i need to add for it to be able to add, delete or view items in flash shopping cart before it's sent to the 3rd party for the transaction?
                    • 7. Re: Flash shopping cart..... Help Please
                      noone can tell you that without seeing what coding you're using to create your shopping cart.

but one way to do it would be to create an array that would represent your shopping cart. each array item would correspond to a purchased item and could be an object that has description, quantity and price properties.