6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 9:54 AM by whsprague

Premiere Elements video export settings

klausc14221843

Premiere Elements: There are a lot of predefined video export settings, but what about custom ones - only available in the full Premiere?

Editing small 480 x 360 video clips and would like to keep the whole session in the original format, as well as export in that format, too. Re-rendering and then using some other converter to get back to the original resolution defeats the original concept of being able to do basic video editing in default format - just like in QT 7 (and less in X), then just export/save.

Input appreciated

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements video export settings
          Kamna Yadav Adobe Employee

Can you please share the Premiere Elements version and OS details. That would help me guide you through the steps to export the timeline.

-Kamna

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements video export settings
            klausc14221843 Level 1

Sure, Premiere Elements 14.1 on OS X Yosemite, mostly. I believe I know how to export - just can't get the app to:

Keep the original (480 x 360) frame size. More elaborate:

Export (ideally without any unnecessary (re)rendering - assume I just cut and arranged without actually changing the video material), keeping the original (frame) size. Can't find low enough settings among the predefined ones, and no "custom" option where I could select or input "480 x 360", for example, or just set "Keep original resolution" as a session / project setting.

So, the videos I export get too big, as the smallest setting I find is 640 x 480 (SD 480) in The "Online" settings. Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 has "Session" settings as well as custom export settings where you can input numbers and need not choose among predefined sets of settings.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements video export settings
              klausc14221843 Level 1

Adobe should offer something else than peer based support even for Elements products - this isn't working. Didn't want to write on a forum in the first place, but since there are no alternatives, I did. Would have been perfectly happy to pay, say, $100 for a quick, efficient reply (without someone from outsourced support trying to sell me a subscription instead of getting right to the point, like they did last time...

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements video export settings
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

For what it's worth, klaus, the person who was helping you work through your issue was an Adobe engineer. Not a peer volunteer.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements video export settings
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You cannot compare PE to FCP7.

If you want fancy stuff you need Premiere Pro.

You can export to 480x360:

Export/Devices/Custom/Advanced Settings/H.264/adjust parameters to you liking.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements video export settings
                    whsprague Level 4

klausc14221843 wrote:

... Would have been perfectly happy to pay, say, $100 for a quick, efficient reply ....

Next time you feel that generous, send me a PM.  I'll return it with a phone number you can call.  We can go double or nothing.  I get nothing if I can't figure it out to your satisfaction.  You pay me double if we get it right quickly enough. 

My qualifications are limited. I started with Premier Elements 9.  Upgraded through 10, 11 and 13, skipping 12 and 14.  According to Vimeo my "plays" over the last five years are up to 39,000, with 300 this week alone!

(Thank you Steve for all the online training.  Never once have I had to phone anyone for help.  I could not have done it without you!)

Bill