10 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2017 3:16 AM by Bart Bossuyt - die Keure

Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?

jacqc68927570

Hi!

I've got a Wacom Intuos pen & touch (not pro) and I'd like to use it instead of a mouse (for ergonomic reasons).

However, Indesign (CS6) is (so far) the only program where Im not succeeding to get the settings right for a comfortable use of the program.

For this reason I still use my mouse too often.

Does anyone have tips in how to have the right settings in wacom properties for indesign?

I would be very grateful

• 1. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
          SebastiaoV Level 1

I have the same issue. I made the change from mouse to Wacom Table for all my apps since my mouse was bruising my wrist. Wacom works great in Photoshop and Illustrator and there are tons of videos online to have the right settings. Unfortunately i do use InDesign quite a bit and it seems there is very little to no info regarding Wacom and InDesign.

I would like to find out more too,

• 2. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
            Nemo.Bottari

I'm a Wacom Intous Pro user since it was released. I usually work in indesign without any particular settings. Touch is comfortable to run trough pages, right click on forward button, double click on the other. Lateral button standard preset is optimal, but only in some circumstances I used to personalize.

• 3. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
              SebastiaoV Level 1

thanks for the reply Nemo,

how do you work with InDesign and your tablet when copying and pasting text inside text boxes?

What do you do not to move text boxes when pasting text? I found it very easy to select the box and not the inside text or to accidentally move the text box from the guidelines.

Any tips?

Thanks

• 4. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
                jacqulien40354873

Thanks Nemo

Im gonna try that, hopefully it works out with my tablet/indesign as well

• 5. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
                  jacqulien40354873 Level 1

@SebastiaoV

perhaps by selecting the text you want to copy (not the box, but the text) followed by double clicking the box you want it in and paste.

Although im not sure if I understood your question correctly.

• 6. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
                    Nemo.Bottari Level 1

Hi SebastiaoV,

I always work with the keyboard and shortcut. But when tasks are very ripetitive "t" (text tool), cmd+c, cmd+v, "v" (select tool), I used to personalize Wacom button,

or only change Pen button (only 2 tasks, obiuvusly). I've no experience about accidentally move text box from guidelines.

• 7. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
                      jacqulien40354873 Level 1

(Apperently, I have got 2 accounts at Adobe Community and without noticing I automatically logged in on my other account.. so, in case you wondered why I said thanks: I am the one who created this question (jacqc68927570) )

• 8. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
                        SebastiaoV Level 1

Thanks for the info Nemo
                        By the way, do you use the Express Keys a lot? i haven´t figure out yet what the purpose of them...haha.

Have you had any previous tablet before your Wacom Intous Pro? I wonder if the touch pad maybe more sensitive and precise in the Pro version than in the Pen & Touch model that i own.

Cheers,

• 9. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
                          ellet78918288

Hey Nemo!

When I use my tablet in InDesign, I can't type in specific settings in at the top. For example, if I would like to change the Space After of a paragraph, if I highlight the text in the space after tool at the top, it doesn't let me type in there. When I type in a value (0p3) it erases my type in my textbox.

Anyone else see this problem?

• 10. Re: Wacom Intuos settings for InDesign?
                            Bart Bossuyt - die Keure Level 1

Hi,

I have a Wacom Intuos Pro at work and a Wacom intuos (not Pro) at home.

I've worked with them for about 4 years now. I don't use a mouse anymore. I don't even have a mouse connected.

I think it's a fast and easy way to use the wacom in every program, including indesign.

I left the settings to standard except for 1 thing. The active area of my wacom fits the size of my 2 screens connected.

so upper left corner on the wacom is the upper left corner of my left screen. Bottom right corner on the wacom is the bottom right on my right screen.

I think this way of working very precise. I'm not using the express-key's a lot, but i'm planning on doing so once my new wacom intuos pro SE is delivered.

The only thing i had problems with in indesign is scrolling with the pen. This goes very slowly.

Must be a setting i can change. I haven't figured this out yet.

BTW: i LOVE the wacom, if they would take it away from me, i'd quit my job!