2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 5:53 AM by WhyIsThereNoRum

I am unable to open two pdfs

WhyIsThereNoRum Level 1

I'm asking this for a co-worker who stumped me with his question.  For no apparent reason he can't open more than one pdf at a time.  He is on Microsoft 13, where the files are located on his computer has made no difference - and it does not matter if they are in the same folder or separate folders.  This is a new issue.  He has tried: File>Open, double clicking the document in the folder, restarting the program, restarting his computer.  Reinstalling the software is an option, but one we'd like to avoid if at all possible, our security makes it something of a pain.  Has anyone heard of this or found a resolution to something like this?  Any help is appreciated, not being able to open multiple pdf's is limiting his ability to do his job at the moment.

• 1. Re: I am unable to open two pdfs
          sukritd15 Adobe Employee

Hi ,

What Acrobat version does he work on?

What OS is he using?

If he double clicks on the PDF on the desktop ,what does he get to see?

If there is any error message,kindly share the screen shot.

Also try right clicking the PDF and open with Acrobat/Reader if you Reader installed as well.

Where is the PDF saved?

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

• 2. Re: I am unable to open two pdfs
            WhyIsThereNoRum Level 1

What Acrobat version does he work on? It's Adobe Reader, he doesn't have the full version of Acrobat. It's Adobe Reader XI

What OS is he using?  Windows 7 Enterprise

If he double clicks on the PDF on the desktop ,what does he get to see? nothing, he gets a blue spinny wheel and then nothing happens.  Or the windows explorer bar shows progress, it gets halfway and then nothing

If there is any error message,kindly share the screen shot. no error message

Also try right clicking the PDF and open with Acrobat/Reader if you Reader installed as well. I went in the folder it's saved in (it's a central file server for our offices) and I could open everything fine - but I have Acrobat. Others who only have reader have tried and it worked fine for them also.

Where is the PDF saved? It's saved on a central server location that we can all access as needed.  He's also tried moving the pdfs to his hard drive to see what happens to no avail.