1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 11:15 AM by Dave LaRonde

Can't open .cr2 (Canon 5D Mk3) sequences in AE.

zebraw10572015

Hi,

I’m not able to open a .cr2 sequence (or file) in AE CC 2015 (version 13.5.0.347), i.e., the .cr2 files are not seen as ‘Acceptable Files’ by AE on the ‘Import File’ dialogue window.

I’m on Mac OSX 10.9.4 and the .cr2 files have been generated by a Canon 5D Mk3. I have installed Camera Raw 9.4 and I can open the .cr2 files in Photoshop without any problems.

I have used .cr2 sequences in AE in the past.

Can anyone tell me how can I get AE to open the open the .cr2 files?

Thanks,

Nuno

• 1. Re: Can't open .cr2 (Canon 5D Mk3) sequences in AE.
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Let me guess -- you just upgraded your Adobe software.

Now you're stunned that things that previously worked no longer work.  Well, welcome to the Brave New World of Adobe, where EVERYBODY's a Beta Tester!  Fun, huh?

Have you also noticed that your previous versions are now gone?  Perhaps you had the presence of mind to un-check the "Uninstall Previous Versions" box... in which case, good for you!  You can still use AE CC 2014, and you should.

If the absence of previous versions comes as a shock, you have some work to do.  You need to re-install, and then upDATE, not upGRADE the reinstalled software:

How To Find And Install Previous Version Of Adobe Apps In CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Now, your AE CC 2015 version is on the old side.  There have been updates (aka Massive Bug Fixes) since then.  Your problem MIGHT be solved by updating to version 13.7.x.  I don't know.  You'd have to wade through the "What's New and Changed" document(s) for the bug fix(es) issued since your current version.

You see, Adobe assumes that The Entire Planet has nothing better to do with its time than pay rapt attention to each and every document it issues concerning its software.

So -- do you update or not, hoping that it fixes your problem?  Care to roll the dice and find out?