8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 8:21 PM by tekneektom

Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom

edekam

When printing from Lightroom (latest version, Mac OSX, latest version) to my Epson SC P800 not the entire photo gets printed, and the image is also off-centre. When printing the same image from Photoshop everything looks fine. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi edekam,

Could you please let me know the exact version of Lightroom installed on your computer ?

Also does this issue occur with all the images or specific of them ?

Please check the Printer Settings once in the Print Module of Lightroom .

Regards,
          Tanuj

• 2. Re: Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom
            edekam Level 1

It is version 9.4 via the Photography plan, so it should be the latest version.

I have not checked all, but these are DNG files from my Leica M9.

And when I print from Photoshop, the same image, but of course changed to a PSD or TIFF they print perfectly according the settings.

Friday I am at that computer again, I can try to print the TIFF/PSD version from within Lightroom to see if that makes a difference.

[grote lap quote tekst verwijderd, mod]

Met vriendelijke groet,

Eduard de Kam

[het is niet toegestaan persoonlijke info te plaatsen, forum policy, mod]

• 3. Re: Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom
              Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Sure, try to print the TIFF/PSD file and see if the image prints fine or not .

• 4. Re: Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom
                edekam Level 1

I have found the problem. The Epson SC P800 communicates its settings to the computer, but there is one setting left, the preferred paper size is still A3, even if A4 is loaded. Apparently only Lightrooms printing engine reacts to that setting as Photoshop has no problems. So I can no print again, as long as I remember to manually change that setting in the Epson driver for this printer, because my other printer gives no problem.

• 5. Re: Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom
                  BadJohnnyBG00d

I have just purchased an Epson P800 and have also been having the same issue in Lightroom 5.7 on my mac OS 10.11. I have tried everything suggested in different post. When I load A4 paper and change all settings in Lightroom the prints are still coming out as A2 and trying to print on multiple pieces of paper.

The first picture I printed on my new Epson P800 printer was a borderless A2 print.
                  One answer in the forums suggested to delete all printer presets in Lightroom.
                  I found that when I go to PRINTER... / PRESETS / SHOW PRESETS / PAPER HANDLING I have found they all still say SCALE TO FIT: A2 BORDERLESS.
                  Somehow I think the Paper handling in the presets is staying on the first thing printed since this printer was installed and nothing seems to override this.
                  I've tried changing all the print settings to A4 and then saving the currents settings as a print preset but the paper handling in this new preset is still incorrect as A2.

• 6. Re: Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom
                    westamwell

hi all.

I'm having a similar problem with Lightroom (2015.6.1) and Mac OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan) after upgrading the Epson driver on my SC-P800.

Whereas I could print 16 x 20 prints effortlessly before, now I get c. 1/6th strip of the image. When I test the image as a jpeg preview, I get the entire image in my chosen lay-out. No go when I print.

What can I change in Lightroom to fix? This seems to be an ongoing software issue, based on all the posts in this forum.

Regards.

• 7. Re: Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom
                      westamwell Level 1

My solution-- (after 3 hours with an Adobe tech on the phone)

Go back to Yosemite (10.10.5) and an earlier version of Lightroom (2015.1). Re-install Epson SC-P800 drivers.

Now able to print full versions of my prints. I can only conclude there are conflicts btwn El Capitan, later versions of LR and new Epson drivers.

Regards.

• 8. Re: Only part of my photo is printed from Lightroom
                        tekneektom

I've experienced the same problem with my P800 when I try to print from LR CC. But, if I open the file in PS CC it prints perfectly. I think there's a flaw in LR that needs to be addressed quickly as not all LR users have PS.