8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 9:27 AM by dg3

Why do I get a jittery mouse in Indesign

dg3 Level 1

Since updating to El Capitan on Mac I get intermittent issues with a jittery cursor in InDesign (and some other apps too like Word and my mail app Postbox.) It makes selecting things trickier. It seems to be triggered by having files open in Photoshop and or Illustrator. If I close images the issue seems to go away temporarily. Funnily enough Photoshop itself seems unaffected. It's hard to reproduce consistently - it seems to just come on a bit randomly and after a while of having images open. I'm guessing it's something to do with graphics memory. I have a maxed out late 2013 iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 with 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB graphics card. I'm also occasionally getting issues where text is rendering as if unaliased in InDesign, and I usually have to restart the app to clear.

I've tried switching off Open CL and lowering the Drawing Mode in Photoshop but I've not noticed any improvement. I'm reluctant to lose any use of the graphics processor by unticking that box.

I'd appreciate if anyone has any tips or similar experiences - unless I just need to get an upgraded graphics card.