1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 11:40 AM by Dave LaRonde

Adobe After Effects CC keeps crashing

nnaommi

Hi all,

Ever since I started paying for an Adobe Creative package, Adobe After Effects isn't working. When there was still CS6, AE worked. However, since the update with CC the program won't start anymore. It keeps crashing. I really have no idea why. The rest of the Adobe programs like Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC and Premiere CC open and are ready to work with. The error messages I get are as follows in chronological order:

1. After Effects warning: Invalid type conversation

2. After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last logged message was <11460> <ae.blitpipe> <2> Making new context.
      3. After Effects can't continue: sorry, After Effects has crashed. For After Effects Help and Support go to http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_ae_support. If you still can't resolve the issue, please contact Adobe Technical Support (2) (0::42)

Can anyone please tell me how to make After Effects work again? Whenever I pay such an amount of money for a program, it should work without any complications...

Naomi

• 1. Re: Adobe After Effects CC keeps crashing
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

I'm unsure what you mean when you say "there WAS CS6".  It sill exists.  Many people use it and the CC applications.

If it no longer exists on your machine, the odds are good that you're not clairvoyant and had no idea Adobe would ace out your existing software because you didn't un-check the "Uninstall Previous Applications"  button when you installed cloud software.  This means you have work to do to get it again:

How To Find And Install Previous Version Of Adobe Apps In CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

If your CS6 software was bought and paid for, you may have to chat with the notoriously-poor Adobe Customer service.  Don't let them talk you into their lame argument that CS6 comes automatically with the cloud -- you paid for that stuff, and you don't want it to stop working if you ever have to suspend your cloud rental... which happens when you stop the rent checks.

So why isn't your current AE version working?  Let's just say that AE CC 2015 is a train wreck for many users.  It takes many diagnostic questions to get it working properly:

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

But AE CC 2014 works a lot better!  You can get that, too!  By following the first link, you can find it.

This ain't the Adobe of Days of Yore.  In the Brave New World of Adobe, users are also Beta Testers, and they feed users' hunger for information to them with an eyedropper.  One is left with the impression they think, "Give us your rent check and screw you".