3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 7:56 PM by JimHess

Blue Screen of Death on Import into Lightroom

deb2784

I am a new user. I purchased Lightroom/Photoshop CC today and installed them both.

The very first thing I did was insert a memory card into a USB port, opened Lightroom and told it to import the pictures. There were 53 pictures on the card taken with an Olympus E-M10 camera. The camera was set to store both a small JPG and the raw ORF file for each picture. In total there were 105 files on the disc (for some strange reason I was missing a JPG). I set the options to "copy as DNG" in order to have the ORFs converted to DNG.  I set the filename to be YYYYMMDD-HHMM-Yellowstone and I selected a folder on my internal hard drive (D:) as the destination.

I started the import and walked away from the computer. A little while later I heard the computer reboot. The windows message that appeared told me that the reboot occurred due to a Blue Screen.

When I looked in the folder to which I was importing the files, I ended up with:

34 ORFs

52 JPGs

22 DNGs

Clearly it managed to import and convert some of the files. I have no idea why it crashed.  And I don't know what to do to prevent it. It was a very hard decision on my part to begin paying a monthly fee for this product but in light of the fact that "everyone uses it", I thought it was a good choice.  Now I'm not so sure.  Can anyone help me?

Computer characteristics:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM - 4 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT video card

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400