2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 1:39 AM by Geoff the kiwi

Can I delete this old .lrcat file?

Media_Mike

I found an old Lightroom folder containing a Lightroom 4 Catalog.lrcat file and a Lightroom 4 Catalog Previews.lrdata file. The files are very small, 1MB and 115KB. I have no idea what these are or why I have them. I'm guessing at this size it can not contain anything, though I figured I'd ask here first before deleting them? I'm currently using CC2015 so I didn't want to mess with my current catalog by trying to open them. Is it safe to delete these files?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Can I delete this old .lrcat file?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Media_Mike,

Yes, if you are not using the Lightroom 4 on your machine, then you can delete the Lightroom 4 and the associated files, also before you delete anything, please make sure the current catalog file saved properly and you know the location of it.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Can I delete this old .lrcat file?
            Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Media_Mike wrote:

I found an old Lightroom folder containing a Lightroom 4 Catalog.lrcat file and a Lightroom 4 Catalog Previews.lrdata file. The files are very small, 1MB and 115KB. I have no idea what these are or why I have them. I'm guessing at this size it can not contain anything, though I figured I'd ask here first before deleting them? I'm currently using CC2015 so I didn't want to mess with my current catalog by trying to open them. Is it safe to delete these files?

Thanks.

Double click the file to open it and check there is nothing you have forgotten in there. A copy will be made in the same folder. Then if it is not wanted delete the lot.