I don't know about Adobe but perhaps we can help. Please answer all of the following questions.
1. What Adobe software do you have? For example, Acrobat Reader, Adobe Reader, Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Standard? If you know the version (e.g. 9, XI, X, DC) please let us know but it probably isn't too important.
2. What system do you have? For example, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.9?
3. How are you trying to open a PDF? For example, do you double click a file in Windows Explorer? Or in Finder? Or do you click on a link in a browser?
4. If a web browser is involved, what is your browser.
5. What EXACTLY happens when you try to open a PDF? If you get an error message please tell us in full what it says, without paraphrasing.
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
2. Windows 7 Home Premium.
3. Double click in Windows Explorer.
4. My web browser, Mweb.co.za is not involved.
5..I click on open and nothing happens. Message says "Windows not responding. Close the program."