8 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2006 10:37 AM by Newsgroup_User

FLV movie not sending "complete" event

qwerty1978
      As per the Macromedia Media Class page, the following is an exerpt:

link : http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context= LiveDocs_Parts&file=00003771.html

I've noticed that, with certain FLV files, playing completes, but the "complete" event is never sent.

This condition is distinguished in a few ways: the playhead comes almost to the end of the movie, but not quite there. Although actual playing of video stops, the MediaDisplay component indicates that it's still playing. The playheadTime reads the same with every request. If you manually move the playhead to the end while in this condition, the "complete" event will finally be sent, but this is the only way it will happen.

This is probably a flash bug, but all users who depend on end-of-movie events or cue points should be aware of it, and they're most likely to see such a detail here, on this page.

I haven't found any further information about this, but it is 100% reproducible for me based on the FLV used. Possible workarounds: write a function called at intervals to detect the condition...

--> Anyone know how to solve this? Very frustration that only some FLV's exhibit this bug.