2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 12:05 AM by Stavros Papadakis

Out of memory error message when publishing in Animate CC

Stavros Papadakis Level 1

Hi all

I keep getting an error message when I try to publish (or preview) my Animate CC file (canvas file, not swf), it says "A Javascript error occurred. At line 335 of file "Exporter.jslf": out of memory"

I have tried to optimise my animation and code but I can't optimise it any further without destroying my project...

I have read in several posts that many users have the same problem, not only with Animate CC but with other Adobe software as well...

Any idea what can I do? I have a super tight deadline and this bug sets me way back!

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Out of memory error message when publishing in Animate CC
          LibCapFinCorp Level 1

Had the same issue this evening had to redo my project several times. What I did to get around the message was I decompressed all the images into smaller sizes and turned them into symbols my original png files were really large. I also made the animation short and looped it, im used to just copying and pasting key frames but that is another reason I was getting that out of memory message this new update is crazy lol. So small image files decompress and short animations in loop under  30 sec you might have to start over I did like six times. If you figure out another solution to this problem please post thank you hope this helps had to share.

ac0stac0sta.com

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Out of memory error message when publishing in Animate CC
            Stavros Papadakis Level 1

All this I have done myself also, having tried to optimise both my animations and the compression of my images, but I've reached to a point when I can't change anything else. This is a just a quick-and-dirty workaround, not an official solution to the software problem I'm afraid...

All the same, thank you for your answer LibCapFinCorp, I hope that in a software update any time soon such problem will be addressed!