2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 5:33 PM by Bill Gehrke

Hardware for recording and saving

danielh59556242 Level 1

Hi,

what is a good solution, to save datas for my videos?

At the moment i use a MacBook pro with SSD. But there ist not so much space to save all the videos, and additional resources.

When i create a video with Premiere Pro, i import the datas to the project. But i think, that ist will create only a link to my resources. Is this right?

I it a good idea to place the resources to an external HDD, and to import from this place, or is it better to create a directory locally onto my notebook, where i place the resources all in it. When i finish the video, i can copy all resources to the external hdd.

Thanks for help.

• 1. Re: Hardware for recording and saving
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Moved to the Hardware forum

• 2. Re: Hardware for recording and saving
            Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would suggest acquiring the exciting new generation of  USB 3.0 Flash Drives like the Samsung T1 or the newer T3.  This drive has the following read write rates.at reasonable costs

I am using several of these devices to have a whole project that is fully transportable from my (PC) laptop to my workstation or to my archive storage.  Here is the 113GB that I have for this workflow for the three camera concert that recently worked and all on the T1..  One camera is a Sony FDR-AX100 shooting 4K at 100 Mbits/second, the other two are 1080 AVCHD

My laptop is an i7-4700HQ with 24 GB of RAM and  a Samsung 840 Pro SSD and it plays smoothly