2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 3:06 PM by MuffinFace

RAM errors. "27 :: 38", "5027 :: 3", "RAM preview needs two or more frames"... in primatte footage

MuffinFace Level 1

Hello,

I am doing some keying with Primatte. The footage is 4k, shot on an FS700. The keys aren't great, which I'm dealing with "okay". That isn't really my issue. The major problem seems to be a RAM issue.

I pre-render a denoiser, so the footage I am keying doesn't have any effects on it that would bog down the machine. The footage is large, but with the only effect present, it seems like something my machine should be able to handle.

I either get a reoccurring "RAM preview needs two or more frames" error, even though a whole section is selected. This error will persist until a restart.

The other problem, which is hard to screen shot, is that the composition preview will go blank as if rendering, though no rendering is occurring. The picture will come and go if I zoom out, but then will disappear if I move the mouse. When hovering over the layers in the timeline window, the bounding box will highlight over where I would assume the images are in the composition window, but there is no image.

Sometimes clearing the cache and memory works... other times it takes a restart.

All of the footage I am using is local, not on an external drive.

This is my machine...

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 11.18.40 AM.png

I've found some forums discussing AE's RAM and have updated my 'Memory' preferences. It recognizes the 32 RAM and I have tried to max AE's usage of it, leaving my other programs to 3 (the only option I see in this section).

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 11.33.30 AM.png

29GB seems like it should be enough to do what I am doing... perhaps I am wrong. I've seen other articles saying that AE can only utilize is 4gb? Is that true?

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/memory-storage1.html

If so, I'm not really sure what the Memory preferences even do.

These are other errors that I receive that will keep popping up to infinite after clicking 'okay'...

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 11.55.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 12.09.38 PM.png

thanks!