2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2006 1:28 PM by clue<0

Dynamic Text w/ Hyperlinks

clue<0
      OK, here's a fun one. I'm importing text as to be read as html with the following text file.
      ---
      SoCal_txt=<HTML><BODY><p>Southern California </p>

This Guy – Principal
      123 Address
      This Town, CA 92666

Phone: 555-555-5555
      Fax: 555-555-5555
      Email: <a href="mailto:thisguy@cox.net"target="_blank">thisguy@cox.net</a>
      </BODY></HTML>
      ---
      This works fine. But a similar text file will not load past the "Email:" text, not showing the hyperlink, nor any text afterwards:
      ---
      DC_txt=<HTML><BODY><p>Maryland, Washington DC</p>

This Guy
      123 Address Dr.
      ThisTown, MD 21000
      Fax: 555-555-5555
      Cell: 555-555-5555
      E-mail: <a href=”mailto:thisguy@verizon.net”target=”_blank”>thisguy@verizon.net</a>
      </BODY></HTML>
      ---

I know that using an ampersand will stop Flash from displaying any text afterwards, and I've changed many "&" to "and" to solve that dilemma, but I'm stumped as to any difference in the code for my email hyperlinks.

Can any of you see a difference?
        • 1. Re: Dynamic Text w/ Hyperlinks
          clue<0 Level 1
          OK, wierd, but I see a slight difference in the quotation marks!! " "

In my first block they are straight quotes, while in the second block, they are wrapped from the right. I don't know how that works, but maybe swapping files from an .rtf TextEdit into Appleworks to publish a .txt might have something to do with it.

hmm. f*ckin' technology

testing...
          • 2. Re: Dynamic Text w/ Hyperlinks
            clue<0 Level 1
            WTF???

So I replaced the quotes "" within the published .txt file & resaved as .txt of course.

Works.

If anyone has any knowledge of any characters that will kill Flash ability to read html formatted text, please let me know. Right now, I will be sticking my head up my @ss just for the satisfaction of being able to pull it back out.