3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 7:31 AM by Szalam

slow hardware

danielh59556242 Level 1

Hi,

today i changed the first time some prepared resources.

Rendering, and preview needs much time.

I use a MacBook Pro (Retina 2012) with 16 GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Is this normal?

Thanks for help.

• 1. Re: slow hardware
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Well, you know AE CS4 has a tough time running on those Panther - OS Macs, right?

Or did I guess incorrectly on these two crucial pieces of information?

• 2. Re: slow hardware
            danielh59556242 Level 1

Hm, the problem is, that I don't work every day with AE. With all my other work i'm SO happy with my mac.

No loudness because of fans, which do disturb the whole day. No data loss because of excellent backup with time machine. If something happens, I recover everything and when i come back next Day everything is back. No slow down of speed after half a year working with the system.

About 8 years before I worked with Win. And nearly every year i had to reinstall everything, because the system becomes slowly. So nearly every year i reinstalled the whole system. An whenever I needed a backup something goes wrong.

So what can i do now?

Is there anyone, who is working with a Mac, and where it is fast? Which System are you using?

• 3. Re: slow hardware
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dave was attempting to humorously suggest that you should provide more information such as what OS you're using and what (exact) version of AE. He jokingly pretended to assume you were using AE version 9 (CS4) on a Mac running a very old version of OSX (OSX 10.3 Panther). Which you obviously aren't since your MacBook is so new. Attempts to be funny aside, we really do need to know more info if you want help. See this page for instructions: FAQ: What information should I provide?