2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2016 2:45 AM by droid360

AIR app published but not installed

droid360

Hello. I'm experiencing this issue with Animate CC on Mac.

Testing AIR AS3 project on real iOS device.

certificate and provisioning profile are all tuned up correctly.

I can see my device in "Post Publishing" list.

ipa generated with no problems. But still no app installed on device automatically.

So I have to manually install the app from iTunes. And of course debugging doesn't work. That's very annoying and takes a lot of time.

Using Animate CC MAC Build 15.1.0.210 (trial)

Target AIR 20.0.0.204 for iOS

Tried few iOS devices from this provisioning profile with the same result. no auto-install.

iTunes is opened during the process.

Can anybody help me please?

• 1. Re: AIR app published but not installed
          Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I've seen at least two variations of this, my guess is that when it came down to the install part, it either silently fails like for you, or in some cases the publishing progress never ends, and I have to Force Quit Animate.

I only discovered today though that the IPA has been made already at that point. Previously I would reopen Animate, and more than likely the next test I did would install ok. Now that I know the IPA is already there, I use Xcode to put it into my devices. Look at the Devices window, select your connected device, and drag the IPA into the applications list. It's a lot faster than using iTunes.

• 2. Re: AIR app published but not installed
            droid360 Level 1

thanks for the tip. but that doesn't tell me why it silently fails to deploy.

On other MAC machine this project seems to publish fine. same Animate CC version.

So what can be done to investigate the problem?