3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2006 6:37 AM by Newsgroup_User

folder access

Raheel_KSE
      hi

plz can anybdy tell me that how to access particular folder/directory in Flash mx-2004? actually i'v used flash component (Loader) dynamic image loading purpose. here i want to share the code;

createClassObject(mx.controls.Loader, "loader", 0);
      loader.autoLoad = false;
      loader.contentPath = "test1.jpg"; /// ************* .jpg and fla in a same folder
      loader.load()

in this condition, if "test1.jpg" is not in the same folder or missing. Then how can i trace the exception(erro), so i can give my custome error message to user.

rgds

Raheel
        • 1. Re: folder access
          Level 7
          If you are talking about the user's local drive or network, you cannot via
          the Flash player as you could not in a web page Javascript as a security
          rule.

You can if you use a container that has security access to the local drive.
          If you deployment is a standalone, the look at mProjector, flaProjector,
          Zinc, SwishStudio and others as possible solutions.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "Raheel KSE" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e27q9r$nrd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          hi

plz can anybdy tell me that how to access any file from a particular folder
          in Flash mx-2004?

rgds

• 2. Re: folder access
            Raheel_KSE Level 1
            tks 4 response, any wyz...no bdy im using this code for web not for application and the second thing im testing in my system as a localhost. plz give me the solution if you have.

tks n rgds

Raheel
            • 3. Re: folder access
              Level 7
              You cannot read open and write files to local drives with the Flash Player
              running an a web browser. You can read and write files on a server via Flash
              communicating with a server script.

Again you could look at providing software that also runs in the web browser
              that the user would need to approve to allow drive access, something most
              open range users are advised to avoid.

--
              Lon Hosford
              www.lonhosford.com
              May many happy bits flow your way!
              "Raheel KSE" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:e29sls$g6b$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              tks 4 response, any wyz...no bdy im using this code for web not for
              application
              and the second thing im testing in my system as a localhost. plz give me the
              solution if you have.

tks n rgds

Raheel