2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 11:07 PM by chrigi80

Suddenly can't start Indesign CC (2015)

chrigi80

Hi There,

I have a very annoying problem that suddenly occurred today (there have been no changes or updates before this happened). Suddenly after closing InDesign I couldn't open it anymore and I would get each time the following error: "Adobe InDesign cc 2015 has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I already went through endless threads here to try and fix it with the usual tips, i.e. uninstall adobe cloud completely with the Cloud Cleaner (very annoying) and also updated my graphics card software (NVIDIA) as some people said they had problems with that. Unfortunately none of this solved my problem. What I don't understand is that this happened without me changing anything on my pc. Could therefore someone please give me advice on what I can do?

Here are the answers to some questions that were typically asked on other threads to offer you more information. Does anyone know what I can do? Many thanks, Christian

• What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CC 2014.2 (8.2)).

Since I can't open InDesign, I can't say, but it's the latest as I just uninstalled and redownloaded everything.

Yes including my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 820M, 64-bit)

• What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.9.5"---not just "Mac".

Windows 10.

• If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

"Adobe InDesign cc 2015 has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

• What were you doing when the problem occurred?

Nothing special I closed my file and suddenly it wouldn't open again. The problem has only been with InDesign, Photoshop still opens.

• Has this ever worked before?

Always until now

• What other software are you running?

Chrome, Mozilla and Word

• Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

No not that I am aware of

• Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about your GPU

Asus Laptop with intel core i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz    2.60GHz and 64 bit operating system, GPU is a Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 and NVIDIA GeForce 820M, 64-bit

No